2 cups fresh cranberries
1 cup maple syrup
1 cup sugar
8 ounces Brie cheese
Crackers (whatever kind you want)
Raspberry jam (however much you want)
Mint, for garnish (optional)
1. In a small saucepan, heat the maple syrup gently over medium heat until warm.
2. Pour the warm maple syrup over the cranberries until completely covered. Refrigerate the cranberries until chilled, at least 4 hours or overnight.
3. Once chilled, drain the cranberries in a colander.
4. Place the sugar in a medium bowl.
5. Using a fork, gently roll the cranberries in the sugar until completely coated.
6. Place the cranberries on a flat surface (I used a baking sheet) and let dry, at least 1 hour. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
7. Assemble each Brie bite by placing a slice of the cheese onto each cracker, spread some raspberry jam on top and garnish with sugared cranberries and mint.
These were a big hit! To make them, I simply topped mini pitas with a artichoke-pesto cheese spread, chopped veggies (I included yellow summer squash, broccoli, mushrooms and red bell peppers) and a sprinkle of cheese. I them popped them under the broiler just long enough to get them warm and melt the cheese.
And of course, no party would be complete without dessert! More Oreo Jingle Balls
And Santa Strawberry Hats